Saturday, March 21, 2009

A Cup of Glee Weekly Newsletter: Details Make the Difference


Welcome to the Blog for Fancy That
We happily call our blog “A Cup of Glee”
Thanks for stopping by!


I realize I'm a little tardy making this post (it's a busy time at Fancy That as we gear up for bridal shower season) but better late than never, right? :) Ok. let's get right to it! If I have a motto, it's this: details make the difference. Today, I thought I'd share with you one of my favorite finishing touches to make your event that much more special: Edible flowers!

Pictured above are gorgeous edible crystallized flowers available from Sur la table. I love to decorate salads with these or place a couple of them on a plate of tea cookies for instant panache.




Be imaginative. There are so many ways you can use edible flowers! Float some in fruit punch (see yummy recipe for Raspberry-and-Rose-Petal-Punch,) place one on the teaspoon at each place setting, or even freeze them into ice cubes!



photo (c) www.jonathanfongstyle.com

Follow this link for another example of flowers in ice.

Just make sure you purchase flowers that were grown to be eaten (no pesticides used). Never use non-edible flowers on your plate-- or any garnish for that matter-- that is not edible. Remember, if it goes on the plate, it must be edible!

That's all for now, my dears. I'm off to acquire more teacups :)

Until my next post, please remember:
Suggestions tolerated, compliments always welcomed. Tell your friends, and visit often.
SarahE for acupofglee.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment